~ Gilding Wax Stenciled Dresser ~

Got a steal on this dresser from our neighbor...
loved the original paint...
but couldn't get Chalk Paint® on it quick enough!


So I broke out the Louis Blue and Old White...and away I went!


Once I had it painted it was time to wax.


I gave it one coat of Annie's Soft Clear Wax...


...and then I distressed the piece using #3 steel wool to my liking.
Allow the wax to dry overnight and buff with a lint free rag to a lustrous sheen.


I love the detail work on this dresser.


The dresser must be old because it had been painted white, green, and a blue.


I stenciled the two drawers with Gilding Wax in color King Gold.
To make a Gilding Wax glaze...take a small amount of Gilding Wax out of the pot
and thin with a few drops of mineral spirits.
Blue tape the stencil where you want it.  Take a stencil brush or a small
artist brush and apply the Gilding Wax glaze sparingly.
Gilding Wax dries very quickly.
No need to apply Clear Wax over the Gilding Wax because it is a wax.


I would love for you to leave a comment and subscribe via email
below to receive all my blog posts.





click map Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


12 comments:

Stacey said...

Karla,
Looks really pretty - love those details! I have an old buffet table with very similar details - wonder how old it is? Great job!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Karla ~
It is beautiful!! I am dying to take a class someday from you!

xoxo
Lori

B.B. said...

I love the dresser! Your color choices are perfect for it! The details really stand out!

AshTreeCottage said...

Love it!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Stephanie said...

The detail on the dresser is great - looks wonderful!

Sylvia said...

The dresser turned out nice, I too love those details.

Sylvia

Mona Kay at Home said...

Wow, so pretty!! That detail is exquisite...love your new paint job as well!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful dresser makeover! I'm on the hunt for a dresser like that!

Simply Creations Link Party

Erin said...

Stunning! Those details are truly to die for!

Desiree Guy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Blue & white are my favorite.

One Shabby Old House said...

I am loving this Chalk Paint. Your project is beautiful. I just can't wait to see exactly what will be painted next at the old house. I love it that I will never have to prime again! Yeah.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a great job! Your dresser turned out beautifully!

Copyright © 2015 Lady Butterbug
Design by Kim Six Blogger Support