~ Lane Cedar Chest Updated with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan ~


Kelly Hayes came into my Lady Butterbug Shoppe
in historic McKinney to purchase Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and Annie's wax 
to update this 1970's Lane Cedar Chest.


Kelly layered Chalk Paint® colors Coco and French Linen.
Next a tiny bit of color Old White.


 Touches of colors Coco and Graphite painted on the accent areas came next.
Kelly finished the piece with Annie's Clear and Dark Waxes.


This rare find includes the original tags and key.


Thank you Kelly for sharing your wonderful painted project!!!

Find all you Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® needs at Lady Butterbug Shoppe in McKinney
and find me on Facebook and Instagram.






Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


4 comments:

  1. I think that is a great idea to put the board inside. I might try it by adding one to the outside and one to the inside and screwing them together. Your room turned out so pretty and this rolling basket just tops it off so well.
    Inspirational Swedish Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to know how old this cedar chest is exactly? I have this same one and can't find anything on it online, except in this article. Mine is much darker and has not been refinished. My serial number as I can read it: 011828 and style number: 48837. Is there anyone who would know? I thought it was much older than 1970's, but I want to find out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up a Lane cedar chest with the same serial and style numbers and am also wondering the same thing! It definitely seems much older than the 1970s. Were you ever able to find out?

      Delete
  3. All Lane cedar chests have a serial number. It doubles as the manufacturing date the chest was made when you read the number from right to left or backward. This means a chest generally has a five- or six-digit number that tells the month, day and two-digit year it was built.

    ReplyDelete