~ How to Design An Unfitted Kitchen ~


The unfitted kitchen features freestanding, furniture like-cabinetry, 
often paired with handcrafted items or 
re-purposed flea-market finds to create a highly personal look.

 My last three kitchens, unknown to me, have been unfitted kitchens.
I only recently read the description of an unfitted kitchen and
realized this style is what I'm drawn too.  
My present kitchen has
three furniture pieces used for cabinets, upper cabinets
doors slide like the old
country store cabinets, has a 1920's freestanding
stove, wood floors, and counter-tops made of copper, wood, and marble.

Several movies have featured unfitted kitchens.

  Movie: The Holiday


Movie: It's Complicated

Movie: Baby Boom

Movie: Julia & Julia

Movie: Sleepless in Seattle

Movie: Under the Tuscan Sun

In an unfitted kitchen pieces often can be
approached from more than one direction.  Various vintage
pieces are used as an island or table.  Farmhouse sinks are also used; or
sinks set into a vintage piece.  Stoves can be freestanding.
Sometimes there are no upper cabinets but open shelves
and windows all around the sink area.
To see French inspired unfitted kitchens visit Cote De Texas
Here
I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures ~ Karla



  



All Pinterest pictures ~

visit me on Facebook and Instagram and visit my
Lady Butterbug Shoppe in McKinney.





Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us knows this one. I'm glad to see your Interior designers orange county with kitchen Remodeling services. Very attractive design I like it. I will visit your blog everyday to look if there is an update, keep sharing.
    kitchen-design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these kitchens! I want the island with the zinc sides...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am glad to visit your blog, and I really like your writing this, it is very interesting to read and helpful as well. I want to learn a lot from you.
    Thank you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah! I've been searching for photos of an 'unfitted' kitchen in a magazine I saw about a year ago, but didn't know what it was called. Hopefully, now I'll be able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful article! The blog captures the essence of what makes a remodeling project successful. Highly recommend Remodeling D Luxe for superbRemodelers in McKinney TX . Their dedication to client satisfaction is truly commendable.

    ReplyDelete