~ Part 2 ~ Building a Potting Bench ~

Part 2 ~ Building a Potting Bench
If you missed reading Part 1 ~ read HERE.
I had so much fun building this potting bench from scratch. From scratch...what does
that mean. In cooking it means taking ingredients and putting them 
together to make a delicious dish.
In potting bench terms it means taking materials and building
them into... in this case... a potting bench.
The blue cast iron sink was just hanging out on the sidewalk
waiting on me to pick it up...FREE SCORE!!!
My engineer and builder man brother stopped by the other day 
and helped me finish the top. 
I didn't know how {or trust myself to be on a ladder with a circular saw} to cut off the
tall boards from 8 feet to 7 feet.  He made it look so easy.
So he cut off the vertical boards to the right height - added supports on all
four sides - and screwed down the chicken coop brooder to the support boards.
He did this all in about 15 minutes...such a man. This would have 
taken me the best part of a day.



I will eventually paint the bench white when the treated wood cures 
and dries out. The finished painted bench will be Part 3 of the build.


This potting bench is constructed of a little bit of old and new.
When painted white I will love the contrast of the white wood
with the blue vintage sink.
Until the wood cures I just had to curate the bench for my next
Pop Up Vintage Market that is coming soon.
I loaded the bench with plants, grapevine wreath, salvage tin
and chippy architectural salvage pieces.
This piece will be for sale at my Pop Up Market.
Thank you for stopping by and join me on Facebook and Instagram.
If you have any questions ask in the comment section below and
if you would like to subscribe to my blog...subscribe below too.






click map Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


6 comments:

  1. Your detailed descriptions and insights into the process are both informative and inspiring for fellow DIY enthusiasts like myself.
    cash app barcode to load money at 7-eleven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post about building a potting bench—such a practical and creative project!
    bob does sports discount code

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love the real-world examples used in this blog. It adds a practical dimension to the content and helps readers relate to the information. Great attention to detail!"
    https://www.aintpayingfull.com/hello-molly-returns/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I love how this blog fosters a sense of curiosity. The author doesn't just provide answers; they encourage readers to ask questions and explore further. It's an approach that stimulates intellectual curiosity and promotes a love for learning."
    https://justamazingdiscounts.com/dicks-military-discount/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The blog's emphasis on practical tips and actionable advice sets it apart. It's not just about theoretical knowledge but about empowering readers to apply what they learn. The focus on practicality makes it a valuable resource for personal and professional development."
    Stamptastic Discount Code

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ~ PART 2 ~ BUILDING A POTTING BENCH ~ blog is a hands-on adventure in crafting. Crafting a potting bench and learning 'how to stack coupons on shein' are both intricate processes that enhance the joy of creation.

    ReplyDelete