How To Dry Brush with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®



I have a passion for vintage dressers with original wooden fruit style handles.

A picker friend brought this one to the shoppe and I had to buy it
but didn't have room for it in the shoppe.  Soooo I stored it
in the garage until a piece of furniture sold.


Don't you see why I love this style dresser!  It is vintage 1880 and in
really great shape...well it is missing the mirror but that doesn't
matter to me because it has all SIX original handles and six 
keyhole appliques!!!  Wow it is too good to be true!!!


Beautiful burled wood veneer inside the oval wood trim and see 
what I mean about the handles...just adorable!!!
I decided not to paint the burled wood and dry brush the handles
and keyhole appliques with Pure White color by Annie Sloan.


I painted the dresser body in two coats of Old White and a thin coat
of Pure White.  Old White has more pigment in it than Pure White
so I always base coat with Old White for better coverage
and end with a coat of Pure White to add brightness.


The painting technique of dry brushing means your brush is
almost void of paint.  Dip your soft natural bristle brush with a small
amount of paint and tab the paint off on a paper towel.  This
will leave your brush almost void of paint.  Feather your brush lightly
over an area letting some of the base color show through.


I choose to leave the top stained since it is in good condition.  I will wax
the top with Annie's Clear Wax to add some luster. 
This dresser will eventually go in my house...not going
to let this one get away from me!

Stop by my shoppe for gift items, home decor, Annie Sloan, 
IOD Decor Items and vintage finds.

Lady Butterbug Shoppe in McKinney
1701 N. Waddill St.
Mon - Sat...10 -5








Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment