~ LADY BUTTERBUG® GARDEN PARTY...PART II ~



The shaded front porch is decorated with Boston and asparagus ferns
plus ever blooming dragonwing begonias and mophead hydrangeas.


A vintage quilt, I purchased at an antique mall, hung over
the porch rocker.
A double layer grapevine wreath with burlap bows
hung over the rocker.
The porch was decorated for the McKinney Garden & Home Tour.
Many visitors stepped through my doorway during the tour...
I had so much fun!!!


The little stuffed bears had a garden party too!!!
They had an Blue Bell ice cream party.


My artistic neighbor, Vicki, created the chalkboards for the garden tour.
The chalkboards were displayed throughout the garden.
The blue table and chairs belong to my Mom when she was a little girl
on the farm in Iowa.


My friend Patti and I decorated this area of the backyard brick patio.
I found the wood holder and the rusty vintage umbrella base
at a local garage sale.  The wooden holder was black
when I purchased it...I painted it white using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®
which is the perfect paint to use outside...no wax outside!!!


The table and chairs I purchased at another local garage sale a couple
of years ago.
The table is set with white ironstone, vintage ice cream bowls, 
silver plate flatware and my grandmother's etched goblets.
Old family linens are used on the table and as the umbrella topper.
The teacups belonged to my paternal grandmother
and hung with silk ribbon from the umbrella spikes.



I cut little spikes of flowers from my neighbor's purple Vitex tree 
for the floral arrangements.


The garden tour visitors seemed to enjoy viewing the various garden
parties located throughout the garden patios.


The alphabet blocks I purchased 30 years ago.  There is a number on the
bottom of each block so you can spell out words using the graph.  
I now have my Mom's and
sister's block sets so I can spell so many words!


This red thingy is an old golf ball washer.  It must be lined with something
that plants love because whatever plant I put in there grows like a weed.
I am a lover of dragonwing begonias in my shade garden.
This is the first year I have planted them in the ground and
they are thriving and so pretty and lush!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the tour through my garden!
Please join me on Lady Butterbug® Instagram and 



Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment