~ Hydrangeas in the Garden at Lady Butterbug ~



Who doesn't love a beautiful colorful mophead hydrangea?


Pink, blue, green or white...like rainbow colors!!!
Hydrangeas transformed my front porch this weekend
with very little effort on my part.


I placed these beautiful mopheads around the front porch
and on the front stone patio area.
The white hydrangeas are my favorite because they
show up from the street...white color just pops
when you have a shade garden like I do and the house
sets back from the street.


This little angel was a gift to me from my parents many years ago.
I like to have an angel sitting by my front and back doors.


I have planted a few annuals but the nights are still cool so
it will take them a while to get started.


Hydrangeas in Texas are early bloomers so they are the perfect spring
plant to add some color to the garden while the other
perennials and shrubs are just getting started.


This is a three tier thingy {not sure what it is} that I purchased
at a neighborhood flea sale.
I knew it would be perfect for the circle area in the front side yard.


I haven't decided if I should paint the stand white or leave it rusty.
What do you think?
I will change out the plants as the seasons change.
Right now I have it filled with asparagus ferns and pink 
and white hydrangeas.


As the summer heat comes on in Texas I will replace the hydrangeas
with heat tolerate and ever blooming white periwinkles.
I will leave the asparagus fern as they can take the heat and add
such a great texture to other plants.


My garden and home will be one of the seven gardens on the
McKinney Garden and Home Tour on Sat....June 9th.
Tickets will be on sale at the Lady Butterbug Shoppe
starting May 1st.
Early tickets are $20 or $25 at the tour homes

I hope you will stop by and enjoy the garden tour in
the HISTORIC DISTRICT OF MCKINNEY.

I hope you will like me on Instagram and Facebook.
and stop by the Lady Butterbug Shoppe.





Shop for Paint Pinterest Google+ Facebook Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment