~old hardware store nail bin~

I purchased this old nail bin from a friend of mine who owes an old hardware store in a small town where I teach.  We had all five bins stacked together but the plants didn't get enough light to grow well so we took off two bins leaving three on the pole.   The two extra bins we placed and planted in front of the greenhouse.  Some of the plant selections did well but I have replaced the verbenas and zinnias with white caladiums and the bins are looking better.  I love to repurpose old stuff!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. makes a neat planter....you have such interesting ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea! Great re-purposing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just found your blog and I've really enjoyed browsing through it. I especially love this old bin used for plants how cool. I'm going to start following you and I'd love for you to check me out, I have a great giveaway going on over at 1funkywomanblogspot.com

    Hope to see you soon!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Restoring an item to another use is a good example of recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how much did you pay for the bin? we need to know how much to expect for the bin coming up for sale near us in a week or so. thanks,

    joseph.wampler on yahoo

    ReplyDelete